Saturday, February 5, 2011

Whats on your Bucket List?





Okay, since its the New Year (or at least it was), I have been hearing a lot about these bucket lists and vision boards. At first, I wasn't quite sure what it was. I have never really been the kind of person to make New Year's resolutions let alone come up with a list of 100 things I want to do before I die.  I  constantly set goals for myself year around and have never thought of using vision boards as a source of inspiration. My tactic has always been to set goals but not time lines (unless I'm training for a show). I believe time lines often let you down and are irrelevant as long as you are progressing in the right direction. Plus, if you share the same faith as I, you will soon learn that in time, God will give you what you need when HE feels you need it.

This brings me back to the age old question, "where do you see yourself in 10 years?" I hate it when people ask this. Truth is...I DON'T KNOW AND ITS OK. That is such a loaded question and well and quite frankly nobody knows where they going be in 10 years. At the age of 25, I find myself pondering what's next? Its like my own personal clock just started ticking and I am now aware of it. With this, brings a bit of anxiety and the urge to DO SOMETHING.

So my goal this year, my vision board if you will is to launch "PROJECT: ME". Trust me, its not a vanity thing, but I believe its something we could all benefit from. Putting alittle more effort into promoting one's self in their career, spiritual growth, and personal life. There has been a lot of things that I have put on the back burner because I had convinced myself that it wasn't the right time to pursue certain things. Now having said that, if I died tomorrow, I know I would be kicking myself for not taking the risk and the opportunity to really live....not just exist, but really live!

So...I'm starting my bucket list and its as random as "a box of chocolates"
1. Have children
2. Travel to Europe
3. Move out of South Carolina
4. Learn Spanish
5. Launch my website
6. Own my own salon or business....
7. Learn how to swim
8. Qualify for the Olympia :)
9. Take a latin dance class...Samba

Well, that's a start.

1 comment:

  1. I've been obsessed with the idea of moving to Europe, though Julian is pulling for Japan... for obvious reasons lol. I'm also on the same page as you with moving out of SC lol... I've only been here a few months and I'm already counting down to the day his contract is over and we can say adios. I've already told you about the adult swim classes... get on that asap lol. You can't be the cute chick in the bikini at the Lake that would drown if she fell in the water :)

    ReplyDelete