Sunday, February 13, 2011

Holly Madison asked to lose weight for "Peep Show"


I am going to keep this short and sweet. I wanted to express a few opinions on this subject matter and lay my thoughts to rest. Last week I watched an episode of "Holly's World". I love everything reality TV, so if its on tv, I will watch it. It gives me a break from my reality! On this particular episode she was asked by the producers of "Peepshow" to lose 5 lbs. They simply suggested that she could tone up a little and that she wasn't looking like "herself" on the posters. Holly to no surprise was quite unhappy about it and seemed very whiny about the whole ordeal.  I mean, is it really that big of a deal? If you are the star of your very own Vegas show shouldn't there be some expectations to uphold on appearance...especially if its a striptease type of show?

When they asked her to "tone up" for the show, she condescendingly responds "you want me to look like a boy." WTF!!! Since when has being "toned" translated to being a boy?? No Holly...they don't want to you to look a boy, they just want you to lay off the chicken fingers and get your ass in shape so that when you take your clothes off every night on stage people aren't wondering "what happened to Holly?"





In an interview she stated, "I always thought I looked fine. It was a shock to me when they told me to lose weight. I just feel like I market myself as a sex symbol, I don't market myself as a fitness model or a professional dancer so I feel like the way I look is fine!" Well Holly, if you were a regular normal person, this would be fine...but you are the star of a striptease show....so get to workin! Basically this translates to "Laziness" in my book. Holly, now at 32 is now seeing the effects of a slowing metabolism and what lack of diet and exercise can do to one's physique. I take it she's been thin all her life with little to no effort and now she can no longer get away with it.

Please let me clarify that I am not knocking Holly for not being a size 2. What I dislike is her inability to take constructive criticism and this attitude of feeling like she shouldn't have to work on anything. WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING TO WORK ON OR IMPROVE.  Holly is what we call "Skinny-fat" in my industry. She is by no means "fat", but she isn't toned either. Holly is a cute girl, curvy...maybe but that isn't an excuse. If she wants to last in show business, she better learn to grow some thick skin.

2 comments:

  1. I have a few friends that are naturally slim and not only do they have no clue what the inside of a gym looks like, but they make a habit of eating crap everyday (Taco Bell isn't a food group). I joke with them that sooner than later their metabolism is going to write them a "Dear John" letter lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm skinny fat...eh, hopefully by reading your blogs a little more I'll lose some of my softness and tone up!

    ReplyDelete